New River Public Library Cooperative and its member libraries now provide the ability to securely pay fines and fees on a customer’s library account or donate via credit or debit card using Smart Pay.
You’ll need your library card and PIN numbers to log in to SmartPay from the library webpage and retrieve details of your library account. You can see your balance, select items to pay, and securely charge your credit card.
- A third party provider (Smart Pay) is used in the process to pay fines, fees or donate, or otherwise initiate credit/debit card transactions via the library’s website.
- The transaction is protected by SSL certification, a protocol for transmitting data securely.
- Smart Pay also complies with PCI-DSS standards (PCI-DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.)
- New River PL Cooperative or member libraries do not collect or store any personal information or credit or debit card processing data collected from the SmartPay site.
- Library fines and fees are cleared automatically from your library account during the payment process.
- A failed transaction may leave a pending charge on your account. These “pre-authorized ” amounts normally clear within 24 hours. One free receipt per account can be printed from SmartPay.
- One free receipt per account can be printed from SmartPay on library computers.
When you select “SmartPay” you are leaving NRPLC’s website and will be directed to SmartPay, an online resource to pay library fines and fees. Technical requirements and services are the sole responsibility of SmartPay. By proceeding you agree to accept and
assume all risks and responsibilities for the losses and damages that may arise from your use of SmartPay and release NRPLC and its member libraries from all liability.